Saturday 17 September 2011

Today's Webcomic Review: No Rest For The Wicked !


First ever page to be drawn for No Rest For The Wicked


Status: Dead (?)
Updates: Not Active


What's it about?

     It's a story about a girl, a princess to be exact, named November and her problems with insomnia because of the disappearance of the moon. She sets off on an adventure to find out what happened to the moon, meeting a few friends like the puss in boots and red riding hood along the way.
    

My Rating:

Story

     What's interesting about this webcomic is it makes use of different Grimm Brothers Fairytales and stitches them up together to for a coherent plot. I think its one of the most creative stories I've ever encountered. For me, it has that why-didn't-I-think-of-that factor. If you're a big fan of the Grimm Brothers' fairytales, then you'll certainly love this!

Art

     Other people might not totally like the art, but I like how it's absolutely different from other people's style. It actually reminds me of my classmates' style which is pretty cool and similar to it. It feels absolutely original and memorable!


     The comic has not updated since October 23. You're probably wondering why I'm here trying to promote a dead webcomic. It's true that it probably has no more chance of ever being updated, but I really loved this webcomic back when it was alive. I think it used to update weekly until one time, the author just started updating very irregularly and eventually stopped. I kept looking back at it every once in a while in hopes of seeing some changes and what not like how Poring Pelters and Everlasting Wanderers came back alive after months or even years of not updating.

     In one of her updates, I sort of became fascinated to find out that the author of this wonderful manga is a Filipina like me. She once posted about the Ondoy hurricane incident which made me realize she was [or it might also be that she's a foreigner who just happened to live in the Philippines].

     I remember once I showed this to my S.O. and his sister and they fell in love with the story even though he wasn't too fond of the art. His sister got annoyed when she found out it was a dead webcomic.

      It's kind of sad when you find out one of the things you like to check up on every now and then suddenly stops updating or just dies [this sentence is reminding me so much of my pet chick Chocobo who died after 6 days of taking care of her ='(]. These kinds of webcomics make you wonder what happened to the author. Questions like: Is she dead? Will she ever get back to her webcomic? Did she get bored of the story? and so on race through people's heads.

     Though I know it really probably won't update ever, I'm still hoping that one of these days it will.

     I really think there was a trailer of the comic in youtube, but I can't find it. It was either that the creator of the video took it down or it was a different comic. Anyways, if I ever find it, I'll make sure to post it.
   
That's all for now~! Ella blasting off~! XD

-007-

No comments:

Post a Comment