Sunday 11 September 2011

Savage Chickens

Today's Webcomic Review: Savage Chickens !






Status: Ongoing
Updates: 5 days a week [according to comixpedia]

What's it about?

   It's basically just one of those funny comics like Garfield or peanuts that usually consists of random skits and situations, but this one's bombarded with chickens! It doesn't have an exact plotline or anything like that but it's more on gags.


My Rating:

Story: ★ ★ ★ ★
[I can literally laugh my ass off on these.]

Art: ★ ★ ★ ★ 
[Funny comics + Funny art = Funny, Funny, Funny.]

   I think I found this webcomic from the same friend who suggested nemu*nemu to me. Anyways, why savage chickens? Are they all savages? Killing innocent farm animals and what not? Nopey dopey, though it's kind of a catchy name for a comic. Savage Chickens. The name never really left my head even after so many years.

   Anyways, about the title, the reason why it's called Savage Chickens is because it is also the name of the author, Doug Savage, hahaha. I really find it fascinating when people have really cool and weird last names like Salamat [Thank you in tagalog], Younghusband, and the list goes on and on...

   Doug Savage is another one of those webcomic artists who happen to have one of those interesting stories about how their webcomic came to be, and like always, I'd be blogging about it. :P

   Since he was a kid, he's always wanted to be a cartoonist, but unfortunately, things didn't really go his way and he ended up stuck working in an office getting migraines. So then one day, he got so fed up and started doodling in one of those yellow sticky notes [the reason as to why the doodles in the webcomics are on a tiny yellow sheet of paper]. As years went by and he started posting these in the internet, he eventually went on to publish his comics into a book and the rest was history. 

   Man, reading about people like this makes me really wish I could get my comic around the net and start a webcomic of my own =__= but of course I'm too busy and life as a college student isn't really that easy. One of these days!

   Sorry it's pretty short, but till the 13th or 15th, I won't be making very long blogs, don't worry it'll only be a while longer till I get my groove back on and get to writing!

Ella blasting off~! XD

-004-
  

No comments:

Post a Comment