Monday 26 September 2011

8-bit Theater

Today's Webcomic Review: 8-bit Theater !


1st comic of 8-bit Theater


Status: Completed
Updates: None


What's it about?

    This is a parody of one fo the most successful and popular RPGs ever made by the Japanese: The Final Fantasy Series! This comic, however, concentrates more on the very 1st game of the series, thus the pixel graphics. Enter Black Mage and Fighter's to become the light warriors!

My Rating:


Story

   The story's pretty funny and it's definitely something I can go to once in a while when I feel nostalgic for old final fantasy games. What I like about this story is it's usually gags but it advances the story at the same time. It has an actual plot which is engaging but is also light and funny. This is a nice read for those who love the first and original Final Fantasy game, those who like parodies and light comics.
       
Art

   
     Well once again we have a comic which uses a game's sprite, but then if you actually check out the game, you'll see that the game's sprite's movements are very limited, so most of their actions are drawn by Brian Clevinger himself. I really like it when sprites are used this way [either animation or comics], for me, it always has that cute factor and likeability which comes from a person's familiarity with the game. 


    From this point you can definitely guess I'm a big fan of parody comics [specially ragnarok ones]. I found out about this comic from my S.O. which was one of the stuff we bonded over about.


     A quick trivia: Brian Clevinger likes to play tricks on his readers. :P


That's all for now~! Ella blasting off~! XD

-012-

No comments:

Post a Comment