Sunday 9 October 2011

Day 4 – Your plans for today

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

...Awesome, awesome Sunday...

...the day of Sabbath...

...the day God rested...

...the day school kids usually find time to relax...

...the day families come together to spend time...

...the day to just be lazy and do everything the lazy song says...

... the day to PARTEH~! go on a date or watch a movie...

... but not me~! I have to work! YAY! OTL  T____T

I look like this right now.

     Why oh why oh why!?!?!

     Today is supposed to be the start of my semestral break, but unfortunately, because of all the other projects that are either undone or moved to be submitted next week, I have to work.

     Wonderful... Simply wonderful...

     The projects I have to do over the next few days would be:

     > General Psychology [the Cerebus visual novel game me and my guy, Adrian, is making for our project]
     > 3D Modeling [I have to make a model of a Swiss Army Knife OTL]
     > Multimedia Production [I've done the one for finals, but I'm still going to submit an exercise I wasn't able to do when I was absent that one time]
     > Advertising 1 [I need to revise one of my ads for wednesday]
     > Web Design [well... it's this blog]


General Psychology

     So, what's this about a game?

     Well, in General Psychology, we were asked to get 3 topics from our syllabus and present it in anyway we want. Some of my classmates chose to make a game presentation, some other people from IT thought of making a website and some probably made a video. 

     And us? It might just be because we're big braggarts, just really ambitious or both, but we [Adrian and I] agreed and decided on making a video game to present our topics.

     Just the two of you?

     Noooo, not at all! Actually there were 4 of us [I shall not state who they are], one who just agreed to help when we asked him to [fortunately] and one who repeatedly said he was going to help and was really conscious of how we were doing all the work [but never really helped us in the end]. The guy who helped only did a few backgrounds, but we were happy enough with that because it took out some of the stuff we need to do. Most of the stuff though, the programing, character art, scripting, and other backgrounds, were made by me and Adrian. 

     When is it due?

     It was originally due on Friday. We passed one but it was absolutely incomplete and had a lot of stuff and lessons missing from it. Our professor was considerate enough to give us the option of finishing the game, but he was only willing to give us until Monday. We were actually given the option of just passing the incomplete game, but it being our very first, we knew we had to finish it no matter what, even if the result is a bit mediocre because of the time constraint. We were also more than willing to finish it because our prof seemed to like it and was thinking of using it as an educational tool.



> 3D Modeling

     So what's this about a Swiss Army Knife?

     Basically, I have to use Autodesk Maya to create a 3D Model of a Swiss Army Knife.

The picture I used as my reference for creating my Swiss Army Knife.

     Scary, isn't it? Actually, I was given a link with a tutorial to create that thing. The thing is, when I went to the site, the tutorial was gone! So what I did, I looked for a tutorial elsewhere. Fortunately, it was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be [the looking for the tutorial that is]. When I read the tutorial, you could say its a lot simpler than it looks [if you're only going to make the shapes and not all the details] and I guessed I could probably create an acceptable model [though it's gonna suck without details] in a few hours... as long as I don't get lost in Maya's almost-impossible-to-navigate program [it's a lot easier if you know what to click]. 

     I asked sir if I could pass this today, but I don't think I have enough time to finish it due to the amount of work I need to do for my General Psychology Project so I'll be passing it on Monday along with everyone else.

Multimedia Production

     I am, fortunately, done with my Multimedia Production finals! All I need to do is do the exercise I missed which is to animate Pepelo in PAP.

I'm pretty sure this is him... except in the picture we based him on, he was wearing a tux.
     Now, I don't really know anything about this Pepelo Pepelo dude, but I think it's this New Zealand Cartoon called bro'Town.

     I'll also be submitting this on Monday along with my 3D Modeling project since it's the same professor.

> Advertising 1

     Well, this one is a bit simple. My professor asked me to just change some pictures, so all I need to do is take some pictures and just photoshop it right on the poster.

     Our professor generously gave us until Wednesday to submit our final outputs in school where we will also post our posters.

> Web Design

     This blog page of mine explains all there is to know about my finals in this subject.
     

Anyways, that's all for now~! Ella blasting off~!

No comments:

Post a Comment